glass reinforced plastic water tanks
Leaking GRP Water Tanks
If your Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) water tank is leaking or if there is an issue in your Legionella Risk Assessment you may need a tank refurbishment or a tank replacement.
Cold Water Storage has the knowledge and expertise to deliver either of these options.
We work with you to understand your requirements and any constraints. Following a survey and an assessment of the tank we provide you with our suggestions and recommendations. If the tank is structurally sound and easily accessible for maintenance, then a repair and refurbish is the sustainable option. Otherwise, if the tank is damaged, requires a change in capacity or needs relocating in the plant room then a new water tank installation may be the best way forward.
GRP Tank Repair and Reline
We have a robust and reliable tank repair and reline service based on 15 years experience. In many cases this is the favourable option. Our solution addresses issues such as deteriorating mastic, erosion, corrosion of internal steel fastenings and bacterial growth.
In the UK there are regulations for the coatings used for water tank refurbishment to ensure water tanks and lining don’t contaminate the contents of the tank. Any tank or coating material must be approved by the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS). The product we use offers a flexible lining and coating for water tanks; it is a WRAS approved solvent-free polyurethane coating specifically designed for lining potable water tanks. It provides excellent protection against erosion and corrosion. We offer a 10 year guarantee on all our tank lining systems.
We can also use a spray applied Polyurea lining system. This lining system is touch dry in five seconds and can be applied to large areas very quickly. The lining system is WRAS approved and Regulation 31/DWI approved meaning that compliancy is assured. The Polyurea lining system has fantastic properties of elongation and flexibility with zero risk of cracking or failure.
GRP Water Tank installation
If a tank repair is not possible or feasible, or your preference is a water tank replacement we can also plan and deliver this solution. We supply and install tanks which are built from WRAS approved sectional GRP panels approved for potable water storage (GRP is a fibre reinforced polymer made up of fibres of glass. It makes for a very tough and durable material that can last for a long time). All tanks are manufactured to the highest standard in the UK.
To limit any downtime and to ensure continuity of water supply, we have a reliable way of providing temporary water systems. We can install a temporary mains bypass or a temporary tanked system ahead of the the tank replacement process or any tank remedial works to ensure a continuous water supply throughout the duration of the works.
From the the moment we start working with you we are dedicated to the accurate assessment and planning and delivery of the project. We have a very efficient turnaround and are accurate with the estimation of the length of project. Our planning and execution includes:
- Phone calls with client to get a basic understanding of the requirements.
- Site survey to carry out a full and thorough assessment of the plant.
- In-depth proposal which includes one to two options with detailed specifications and estimated time of completion and firmed up pricing.
- Issuing a GANT chart ahead of the project with detailed timings and daily activities.
- Issuing comprehensive Risk Assessment and Method Statement (RAMS) as well as certificates for all engineers involved in the project. Health and Safety is of the upmost importance to us so we ensure all certificates, training and accreditations are up to date.
- Planning for waste removal and consideration of all factors for the specific site.
- Full appraisal of the competed work by the CWS project lead and the client to gain approval and sign off of the job.
- A full completion report with photographic evidence submitted to the client once the work is signed off.
We have worked alongside some of the biggest companies in the UK. We carry out every project with the same exceptional standard every time.
Our reputation is something our company is built on and a quality job is carried out each and every time. This ensures that every customer is satisfied with the work we do.
Our dedicated specialists put in the hard hours to ensure that every job we work on meets legislation and client needs. We are expert in delivering a quality job.